9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. 12 Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.
1 Peter 2:9-12
We’re looking forward to this year’s Grace Bible Conference (Formerly Grace Camp Meeting). This year’s theme will focus on our calling as “Strangers and Aliens in this world: Living as Christians in an increasingly alien world” (1 Peter 2:9-12). We as Christians are no longer at home in this world. So what should our response be? It’s not to “circle the wagons” and retreat into our own little spiritual ghettos. Instead, we must be willing to engage this world with the life-giving Gospel of Christ. We’re on a rescue mission, even as we seek to bring up our children and love our neighbors in a way that refuses to compromise with truth, even as it embraces with love. That is our challenge.
This year’s speakers are drawn from friends of Rockport who are engaged in planting, renewing or helping lead churches from a Gospel-centered perspective. Many of these men have recently partnered with us in church planting or pastoral ministries, or are former members of Rockport.
- Dr Mike Morrow is pastor of Union Missionary Baptist Church in Marion, KY and works closely with HeartCry Missionary Society.
- Dr Tony Mattia is pastor of Trinity Baptist Church of Wamega, KS, and corresponding secretary of The Spurgeon Association of Baptist Churches
- Geoff Ingrum pastors Heritage of Grace Church, recently planted in cooperation with Rockport Baptist
- Kenny Petty is pastor of The Gate Church, Saint Louis which Rockport helped start.
- Jason Arens is executive pastor of First Baptist Church DeSoto, MO
- Brig Jones shares the Gospel in a variety of settings through Gaining Christ Ministries and has partnered with Rockport for several years in ministry.
- Terry Delaney is pastor of Union Baptist Church in Mexico, MO, and a former member of Rockport
Our goal in this conference will be to encourage and challenge you with fellowship, worship and the clear teaching from the Word.
You can find more information by going to our Bible Conference page here.
We hope to see you in April!
In His mercy,